Hi! Welcome! I am so happy that you are here–really, thank you! It means so much that you are interested! You may have already seen my “About me” on the home page, but just to recap, some of my favorite things are Jesus, my husband, coffee, and traveling/hiking! That is a SUPER broad overview–it might help you to know my story, so here it goes~
I grew up in a town where “typical” careers are all you are taught to pursue, you know, jobs like corporate business, healthcare professionals, lawyers, all that stuff. I don’t think anyone ever specifically told me that I couldn’t be a photographer, but it didn’t seem to have the security that everyone said you needed. So I went to undergrad, then onto grad school, and right into a full-time job as a speech therapist. It was all perfectly laid out for me, easy! Then I started working… and working… only doing speech therapy day-in, day-out. (Let me just pause to say that speech therapy is an AWESOME profession! I’ve learned so much from it!) But I realized that it cannot be the only thing I do. I was missing a spark. I longed to create again, to experience more connection again in my day (speech therapy can be very fast paced, with little time for chit-chat!). With photography, I get to learn about you and your story. I get to create images that remind you that your story is special, and that you are beautiful! So I’m excited. As Bilbo Baggins says in The Lord of the Rings,
“I think I’m quite ready for another adventure!”
Some other fun facts about me are:
- I have been to 17/62 of the US National Parks! And it’s on my bucket list to go to all of them!
- Enneagram 7 (whoop! whoop!)
- I have swam with whale sharks in the Georgia Aquarium (yes, in that really big tank!)
- I am one of the few people in North Carolina who has lived here all my life (and my family has too!)
- I am fluent in Spanish
- Countries I have traveled to include: Mexico, Guatemala, Jamaica, England, and France. Mexico has been my favorite so far!
- I attended UNC Chapel Hill (where I met my husband, Andrew) and I got to graduate from there twice!
I actually started photography with a focus on travel and landscapes. I’ve never done it professionally, but it’s a fun hobby of mine! It goes very nicely with the love of travel/hiking/national parks. These are some of my photos below!